With BBQ prawns
Issue 01 | Summer 2018-19
The chefs at Sprout Dining put together this perfect summer salad for us.
It will leave you satisfied, comfortably full and feeling just a little smug for making such deliciously healthy choices.
2 cups cooked pearl barley
1 cup broad beans, shelled, blanched and peeled
100g radishes, thinly sliced
1 fennel, thinly sliced
¼ cup (20g) flaked almonds, toasted
¼ cup currants
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 cup mint leaves
¼ red onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
16 extra large prawns, peeled and
deveined with tails left on
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 pinches of lemon zest
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Marinate prawns and place in fridge for 1 hour.
2. Place the barley, sliced fennel, beans, red onion, currants, radish, almonds, parsley, mint, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
3. Place the lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over the salad and toss well.
4. BBQ prawns until they are cooked through and golden.
5. Divide the salad between 4 plates and top with prawns to serve.